Monday, March 11, 2024

Ben day 20

Given that I miraculously and undeservedly somehow have a shot at promotion to A, as long as my opponents keep up their atrocious defense, I am feeling very engaged right now.

4/6

1 :( Dixie. Dunno why but I thought this was Dixie chicks. No idea of the opry connection for either my answer or the right one. Opponents pop music score is very low, but this seems dangerously gettable if you are a fan of the band. D32
2 :) Lehman. Almost took a job there and then would have lost it and my visa a few months before my wedding so glad that didn't happen! D11
3 :) Flaco. I was in Australia for much of this news cycle and wasn't sure if it was Flaco or Rocco. I remember thinking of Steinys favorite QB as well as a weird creepy Australian comedian. Given those strong Flaco connections I don't know why I thought that it might be Rocco other than nerves given my standing in the rundle but this was agonizing. D20. How to defend against someone from Boston?
4 :) Czechia. I sometimes get these questions mixed up, but I remember this thanks to bohemian Pilsner. D12
5 :) cool hand luke. I've never seen it but this seems like movie trivia bread and butter. D01
6 :( egg. It wasn't very depressiony, but it is delicious on a burger. I was thinking along potato lines (cheap unromantic vegetables) but didn't think onions were rare enough on a burger to qualify as a eponymous qualifier. Buoyed by the low get rate so far, but conscious of only 1/3 reporters being American. D23.



No comments:

Post a Comment