3/6
Correct Answer: ANOTHER DAY OLDER AND DEEPER IN DEBT
Your Answer: A full days work and a whole lot of sweat
Points Assigned: 3
I have heard it before, I think via Loony Tunes, maybe? But still, nope.
2. Under the rule of the Hohenstaufen dynasty—in particular Frederick I, Henry VI, and Frederick II—what monarchy reached its greatest extent in terms of both power and territory?
Correct Answer: HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE
Your Answer: Holy Roman Empire
Points Assigned: 0
It felt more German than anything else, so that would be the HRE.
3. While the pitching staff of the 1948 World Series-winning Cleveland Indians featured mound virtuoso Bob Feller and fellow Hall of Famer Bob Lemon, it also famously included what other legend and future Hall of Fame inductee, who had made his professional debut 22 years earlier with the Chattanooga Black Lookouts?
Correct Answer: SATCHEL PAIGE
Your Answer: Satchel Paige
Points Assigned: 1
3. While the pitching staff of the 1948 World Series-winning Cleveland Indians featured mound virtuoso Bob Feller and fellow Hall of Famer Bob Lemon, it also famously included what other legend and future Hall of Fame inductee, who had made his professional debut 22 years earlier with the Chattanooga Black Lookouts?
Correct Answer: SATCHEL PAIGE
Your Answer: Satchel Paige
Points Assigned: 1
I was a baseball fan, so this was easy for me. Will play hard I think.
4. Leslie Howard and Wendy Hiller play a wealthy phonetics professor and a Cockney flower girl, respectively, in what 1938 British comedy film?
Correct Answer: PYGMALION
Your Answer: My Fair Lady
Points Assigned: 1
4. Leslie Howard and Wendy Hiller play a wealthy phonetics professor and a Cockney flower girl, respectively, in what 1938 British comedy film?
Correct Answer: PYGMALION
Your Answer: My Fair Lady
Points Assigned: 1
I knew it was Pygmalion but could not come up with the word.
5. The Russian word poputchik, which originally referred nonpejoratively to a writer who was not against the 1917 Bolshevik Revolution but did not actively support it, is usually translated into English as what two-word term? In the Cold War era, this term was used pejoratively (especially in the United States) to label a person who, while not an actual Communist, was sympathetic to Communism's doctrines and aims.
Correct Answer: FELLOW TRAVELER
Your Answer: Red Sympathiser
Points Assigned: 2
5. The Russian word poputchik, which originally referred nonpejoratively to a writer who was not against the 1917 Bolshevik Revolution but did not actively support it, is usually translated into English as what two-word term? In the Cold War era, this term was used pejoratively (especially in the United States) to label a person who, while not an actual Communist, was sympathetic to Communism's doctrines and aims.
Correct Answer: FELLOW TRAVELER
Your Answer: Red Sympathiser
Points Assigned: 2
Ohhhhhh, there was no way I was going to pull this, but I have heard the term.
6. At the end of a 1949 Pulitzer-winning play, the title character's friend gives a speech after this title character's death by suicide, saying "Nobody dast blame this man. A [BLANK] is got to dream boy. It comes with the territory." What job fills in the blank?
Correct Answer: SALESMAN
Your Answer: Salesman
Points Assigned: 2
6. At the end of a 1949 Pulitzer-winning play, the title character's friend gives a speech after this title character's death by suicide, saying "Nobody dast blame this man. A [BLANK] is got to dream boy. It comes with the territory." What job fills in the blank?
Correct Answer: SALESMAN
Your Answer: Salesman
Points Assigned: 2
I figured it had to be the death of a salesman, and what else was I going to put?
No comments:
Post a Comment