Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Brian Day 2

 3.5/6    

1) cable box 3/1   Jerrold to me means the wired cable box from the 80s.  I even thought to myself, I bet a lot of people will put remote control, and they'll be wrong, which is why I D3ed it.   To me it was handheld in that you often held it in two hands, but I'm not sure I have a strong enough case.  I submitted my first scoring review.  

2) The Night Watch 1/2    Hoping for points here.  This is a repeat question that I got correct in a midseason classic a while back because I stumbled upon it when googling the Night's Watch from Game of Thrones.

3) Algonquin Round Table 0/3   At first I was psyched to get a lit question, but the more I thought about it the more I knew I was wrong but had no other answer.

4) Dalai Lama 2/1   Guess based on the geography and the unlikelihood of Genghis Khan fitting.

5) Commander 1/0   Would not have gotten this without the sports hint

6) Cerberus 2/2   Was trying to recall Clash of the Titans, but I don't think it had this origin for Pegasus anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment