Monday, November 27, 2023

Brian Day 8 vs Marcus (LLL)

 5/6 on a very fun day of questions. Prob will come down to defense for me and Marcus

1) The Dick Van Dyke Show  1/3  I've never seen it, but the two things I know are that Van Dyke either falls over or barely avoids an ottoman in the opening credits, and  Rob and Laura Petrie are the main characters.  

2) Kix  0/2  Gimme from the commercial, and I got a laugh from the mention of the band.

3) Yaz  1/2  I just can't get enough of this question.  I had no idea at first, and was definitely thrown off by the seemingly female singer's name, so I ran through the alphabet looking for acronyms.  I only had REM and UB40 before I got to Y, and remembered Yaz is short for Yazoo, and the music is definitely reminiscent of Depeche Mode.  I'm betting Debbie owns Upstairs at Eric's, their masterpiece.

4) Of Mice and Men  2/1  The only clue for me was Lennie, and luckily that was enough.

5) Sydney 3/1  I have a feeling these are New Zealand prime ministers, but even if that's right it couldn't help me.

6) Lake Titicaca  2/0  Beavis and Butthead's favorite body of water, and the only South American lake I can name.

I edge out Marcus 6(5) - 5(4) 

No comments:

Post a Comment