Thursday, November 30, 2023

Brian Day 11

 5/6  Congrats to Dave M on yesterday's win.

1) Akimbo 1/1  My wife saw the show earlier this year

2) 38  3/2  Thank you to my daughter's earth science class and to Billy Joel.  My daughter just taught me that latitude is the angle to Polaris, and that we live in the low 40s.   I've been to Charlottesville, and figured it was about 250 miles away as the crow flies, putting it in the high 30s.  And I figured this question was really about a famous line of demarcation like 54 50 or Fight or the Korean border, which led me to Billy's Leningrad: "Stop 'em at the 38th parallel, blast those yellow Reds to hell."

3) Jeffersonian 2/1  Thought I had this from UVa (and the second Charlottesville reference).  Oh well.

4) 6,6   0/0  So easy I had to triple check to make sure I wasn't making a dumb mistake.  I think asking for two answers is going to throw people off, it's almost unfair.

5) The Wicker Man  1/2  A week ago I would not have know this, but I came across a Christopher Lee quote that this was his favorite role.

6) Potsdam 2/3  As the question began I had Yalta for my answer, but that took place during the war, then Potsdam popped into my head.  Didn't know if it was right but had no reason to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment