Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Brian Day 9 vs Steiny (LLL)

 4/6

1) Capote 2/2   Couldn't identify the language of the first two books, which makes this a much easier question.

2) Contrabassoon 3/3  Should get points here in one of my weakest categories.  But I was a saxophonist in my youth, and after deciding it couldn't be the baritone sax as the instrument in question has only two versions, I remembered the contrabassoon.

3) Scarface 0/1  Gimme of the day

4) Shul 2/0  okay, this is really the gimme of the day, at least on this blog.  I never thought of the derivation of the word before

5) Persepolis 1/1  This is a comic book question for me. I know from 300 (originally a comic) that Xerxes is Persian, and there is a recent graphic novel Persepolis about a girl growing up in and escaping Tehran.  I wasn't 100% as Persepolis sounds Greek and not Persian, but it fit.

6) Carbuncle  1/2  Tip of my tongue, I had the first two letters, but couldn't come up with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment