Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Jesse Day 6

2/6

1. Films from 1968 (starring Henry Fonda), 1984 (starring Robert De Niro), 1991 (starring Jet Li), and 2019 (starring Leonardo DiCaprio) all have titles that begin with what phrase?
Correct Answer: ONCE UPON A TIME
Your Answer: Once Upon a Time
Points Assigned: 1

I list out all of the De Niro films from that time period and Once Upon a Time stood out as a phrase. Confirmed it with DiCaprio in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. 

2. What word for the internal diameter of a bore or pipe can also be defined as the degree of an individual or entity's quality or importance?
Correct Answer: CALIBER
Your Answer: Gauge
Points Assigned: 1

I thought of gauge and did not look back. 

3. What was the primary occupation shared by Mexican revolutionaries and national heroes Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla and José María Morelos, who were executed by royalist authorities in 1811 and 1815, respectively?
Correct Answer: (CATHOLIC) PRIEST
Your Answer: Farmers
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea. 

4. Columns, high-relief decoration, wall projections, and elaborate rooftops are among the trademarks of what architectural style, exemplified by the Boston Public Library and New York's Grand Central Terminal? The name comes from the école in Paris where the style's classical forms were taught.
Correct Answer: BEAUX-ARTS
Your Answer: Sorbonne
Points Assigned: 3

I should have gotten this considering I took three architecture history classes in college. 

5. What musical instrument, a portable reed organ, is similar to the accordion (and has largely been superseded by it), but typically has a hexagonal cross-section and no keyboard?
Correct Answer: CONCERTINA
Your Answer: Pirate Accordion!
Points Assigned: 2

Damn, I could not remember it from playing Pirates!

6. What is the trademarked portmanteau for the Starbucks line of blended frozen coffee drinks introduced by the chain in 1995?
Correct Answer: FRAPPUCCINO
Your Answer: Frapachino
Points Assigned: 0

Seems like a gimmie, even though I mangled the spelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment