Monday, September 19, 2022

Jesse Day 15

3/6

1. The virtually plotless 1968 musical comedy film Head, directed by Bob Rafelson and written by Rafelson and Jack Nicholson, starred what foursome, whose TV show had been canceled earlier that year?
Correct Answer: THE MONKEES
Your Answer: Partridge Family
Points Assigned: 2

This feels very gettable.

2. "If you look on every exit being an entrance somewhere else" is a quote from Act I—and the essential foundational premise—of what 1966 play by Tom Stoppard?
Correct Answer: ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD
Your Answer: Sliding Doors
Points Assigned: 3

I feel like this comes up in trivia every now and again. 

3. What 2021 All-WNBA First Teamer was also the leading scorer for UMMC Ekaterinburg during their successful run for the 2020-21 EuroLeague Women Championship?
Correct Answer: BRITTNEY GRINER
Your Answer: Griner
Points Assigned: 1

Good current events questions disguised as a sports question. 

4. Name the building whose construction was begun in 1560 for Florentine Duke Cosimo de' Medici to house magisterial and administrative offices. The building's top floor was used to display the family's extensive art collection, and that usage for the building was expanded and famously endures to this day.
Correct Answer: UFFIZI
Your Answer: Doge's Palace
Points Assigned: 2

Damn, I have been to both, but I could not come up with the word Uffizi.

5. What dessert, distinctive with its unique frosting containing coconut and pecans, is deceptively named, as it has nothing to do with its namesake country, but rather is named after the man (first name Samuel) who developed a sweet ingredient called for in its original 1957 recipe? (Note, the dessert's full name is required.)
Correct Answer: GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
Your Answer: German Chocolate Cake
Points Assigned: 1

I was familiar with this piece of trivia, but it did not stop me from going through every country in the world in my head. 

6. A US municipality known as Boulder City, which still exists today, was established in 1931 specifically to house workers hired for the construction of a structure that is now known by what name?
Correct Answer: HOOVER DAM
Your Answer: Hoover Dam
Points Assigned: 0

I have been to the Hoover Dam and thought Boulder City sounded familiar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment