Thursday, September 29, 2022

Brian Day 23 vs Dave S(LLL)

Yesterday's tie with Brad dropped me from the top slot in Sierra D, but did clinch my promotion to C next season. Today I battle Dave for the top slot in the more prestigious Levinson Longevity League.   This season was shaping up to be my second best, but the last few days have knocked 50 points off my get rate.  However, today was very friendly to me.  I think 5/6 will be enough to take down Seif, but the questions in his lesser categories are gettable for him.

1) Caledonia 3/1 No clue for me, of course, and surely a gimme for Dave

2) Mt Olympus 2/1  Wonder Woman interacts with the Greek gods all the time.  I don't know how this plays for non-geeks, and I treated it as a semi-geography question for Dave.

3) Walmart 2/2  Walmart isn't big in New York so I'm hoping my opponents haven't seen the terrible new logo, but I've ordered from them online so I'm familiar with it.  

4) Earhart 0/0  The only reason I didn't give Dave a 0 for Bougainville

5) Black Sabbath 1/3  Gimme for me.  Had to give Dave a 3 here, but he's been pulling random pop music questions lately, and I can see him taking a wild guess that John Osbourne is Ozzy.  

6) Grand Theft Auto 1/2  A rare post-Tetris video game get for me, the commercials were ubiquitous. 

Dave stays in first place, as we both picked the correct D3 and got a 6(5)-6(5) tie.   Brad, follow Dave M's advice and observe Dave S for how to defend me  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment