Friday, September 2, 2022

Jesse Day 5

4/6

1. Unlike regular ice, the refrigerant known as "dry ice" is not solid water, but rather what other chemical compound?
Correct Answer: CARBON DIOXIDE
Your Answer: Nitrogen Dioxide
Points Assigned: 2

I just took a random guess. 

2. Real-life corporate mascots Bibendum (the Michelin Tire Man) and Poppin' Fresh (the Pillsbury Doughboy) were reportedly (and obviously) influences for what other, fictional, and ultimately much more monstrous brand ambassador, who first appeared on film in 1984?
Correct Answer: STAY-PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN
Your Answer: Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
Points Assigned: 1

I am of the right generation to get this. 

3. The long-branched Ceiba is the national tree of what country, in whose Tikal National Park the Ceiba is abundant, and whose name itself is believed to come from the Nahuatl for "place of many trees"?
Correct Answer: GUATEMALA
Your Answer: Guatemala
Points Assigned: 1

I have been to Tikal and my company runs a trip there. 

4. Name the Pulitzer-winning American poet whose collections include To Bedlam and Part Way Back (1960), All My Pretty Ones (1962), Live or Die (1966), Transformations (1971), and The Death Notebooks (1974), and who struggled with depression much of her life until tragically succumbing to suicide in October 1974 after multiple previous attempts.
Correct Answer: ANNE SEXTON
Your Answer: Plath
Points Assigned: 3

I had no idea. 

5. The Hindu-Buddhist empire that dominated Southeast Asia until the 15th century, ruling what is now Cambodia and parts of Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam, was founded in 802 by a people known by what name?
Correct Answer: KHMER
Your Answer: Khmer
Points Assigned: 2

I have been to Cambodia and my company runs a trip there. 

6. Ballroom dance, German word, "to revolve", fittingly.
Correct Answer: WALTZ
Your Answer: Waltz
Points Assigned: 0

It was the first German sounding ballroom dance I could think of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment