Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Jesse Day 8

3/6

1. What is the name for the race of subterranean dwarf-like beings in Germanic legend whose member Alberich forges and curses a famous ring that, in Richard Wagner's recounting, eventually passes to the giant Fafner before being seized by Siegfried?
Correct Answer: NIBELUNGEN
Your Answer: Duegar
Points Assigned: 3

I thought my DnD knowledge had gotten me a tough one. I have never heard of Nibelungen.

2. The Chocolate Cake Shot, Nutty Irishman, and Hazelnut Martini are among the cocktails that include what liqueur, an Italian hazelnut liqueur that comes in a bottle shaped like a monk wearing a rope belt?
Correct Answer: FRANGELICO
Your Answer: Frangelico
Points Assigned: 1

I don't think I have ever had it, but I knew the answer.

3. Nicknamed "The Coathanger" for the graceful curve of its steel arch, the world's tallest steel arch bridge spans the harbor of what city?
Correct Answer: SYDNEY
Your Answer: Sydney
Points Assigned: 2

I lived in Sydney for over a year and knew that was a nickname for the bridge. 

4. What genre of electronic dance music, marked by synthesized basslines, a tempo of 115–130 BPM, and a steady four-on-the-floor beat, is named for the Chicago nightclub where DJ Frankie Knuckles pioneered the style?
Correct Answer: HOUSE
Your Answer: Trance
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea.

5. With the Indiana Hoosiers' recent ascent to the upper echelon of college football, what state's flagship university now sits alone with the longest period since its last Big Ten football championship, a drought that is approaching six decades?
Correct Answer: MINNESOTA
Your Answer: Kansas
Points Assigned: 1

I do not follow college football.

6. In his nationally televised address introducing the Voting Rights Act of 1965 to Congress, President Lyndon B. Johnson famously invoked what three-word phrase, echoing an anthem of the Civil Rights Movement? By that time, the song and phrase's original "will" had been replaced by "shall."
Correct Answer: WE SHALL OVERCOME
Your Answer: We Shall Overcome
Points Assigned: 0

Gimmie? 

No comments:

Post a Comment