Sorry for being sporadic: I'm in the "What do you mean my sabbatical is over and I need to prepare classes??" stage of the summer.
But I had to write today-- I literally teach about the Beowulf Manuscript in *all* my classes as an example of how random history can be. It's actually an even better story than you get in the question: for one thing the manuscript only survived because it was close enough to the window to get chucked out when the fire hit.
Anyway... Today was a rough day for my guesses. I knew for sure about three of them, guessed on the other three, and struck out each time.
1. ✅ Beowulf:) I assigned this 2 points because literature is not my opponent's strong suit, but since everyone had to read Beowulf in HS and that's the only Old English thing most people know, I wouldn't be surprised if they guess it.
2. ❌ Descissa. Totally made up, totally wrong. D0 because my opponent's best category is Math.
3. ❌ England. I was going to guess Switzerland, but changed to England at the last second because Henry sounded more English:(
4. ✅ Limeys. Thank you Mr. Shultz 😂
5. ✅ Brownie. Here's where my love of historical novels pays off:) D3 because I feel like this isn't as commonly known as the others.
6. ❌ Borders. I forgot about Tower. Borders lasted a few more years and was never jsut a record store... D1
No comments:
Post a Comment