Friday, June 13, 2025

Jesse Day 24

4/6

1. What is the only U.S. city with at least three major pro sports franchises across the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB, in which all of its teams share the same colors? The colors are drawn from the coat of arms of the city's eponym?
Correct Answer: PITTSBURGH
Your Answer: New York
Points Assigned: 1

Ugh. I went through major cities in my head, but skipped Pittsburgh due to sloppiness, which is especially egregious considering I visited Pittsburgh for the first time this past April. NY has the Islanders, Mets, and Knicks, but I guess the colors aren't the same? Or the islanders don't count? Or most likely all, of the New York teams would have to match. 

2. According to Amazon, a series that premiered on Prime Video in September 2022 became the most-watched of any original series on the service. The series was based on The Lord of the Rings and had that in its title, with what subtitle?
Correct Answer: THE RINGS OF POWER
Your Answer: The Rings of Power
Points Assigned: 2

I watched it. Not great.

3. What was the tripartite title that described the activities of memoirist Elizabeth Gilbert during her year-long post-divorce journey of transformation and self-discovery through Italy, India, and Indonesia?
Correct Answer: EAT, PRAY, LOVE
Your Answer: Eat, Pray, Love
Points Assigned: 1

I refer to Eat, Pray, Love often even though I have never read it. 

4. Pop star Rihanna launched into superstardom thanks in large part to her 2007 hit, the lead single off the album Good Girl Gone Bad, which featured Jay-Z and spent numerous weeks at #1 on multiple charts worldwide. What's the name of this single, ingle, ingle?
Correct Answer: UMBRELLA
Your Answer: Umbrella
Points Assigned: 0

I know little about Rihanna but single, ingle, ingle made it easy. 

5. What word is used in microbiology for any spherical bacterium, such as those that can cause strep throat and staph infections?
Correct Answer: COCCUS
Your Answer: Cocial
Points Assigned: 3

I was in the ballpark!

6. "The fundamental business of the country... is on a sound and prosperous basis." This famously and legendarily incorrect statement was made in a radio address by what American?
Correct Answer: HERBERT HOOVER
Your Answer: Hoover
Points Assigned: 2

I figured this had to be the great depression, so must be Hoover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment