Wednesday, June 11, 2025

Jesse Day 22

3/6

1. In the darts game 501, a "perfect game" is achieved with nine darts. By far, the most popular perfect nine-dart sequence in professional darts (and most likely in recreational darts as well) begins with seven triple-20s (T20) and ends with what ninth and final dart?
Correct Answer: DOUBLE 12 (D12)
Your Answer: T20, T7
Points Assigned: 1

I watched a bit of darts now and again, but clearly not enough to remember the answer, nor do math correctly.

2. "He kindly stopped for me—" is the second line of a famous poem by Emily Dickinson. What is the first line (and thus, because she did not provide a title, the poem's generally-agreed-upon title)?
Correct Answer: BECAUSE I COULD NOT STOP FOR DEATH
Your Answer: Something about death
Points Assigned: 3

I watched the Apple show Dickinson, so I knew it would have something to do with Death, but did not know the line.

3. Although its eighth season (and its first on ABC after seven on NBC) ended with the two-part episode "My Finale" in May 2009, what sitcom actually (and somewhat unexpectedly) returned for a ninth and final season, introducing a number of new characters at a new Sacred Heart medical school?
Correct Answer: SCRUBS
Your Answer: Scrubs
Points Assigned: 0

I heard that the show was making a return. My brother was friends with Zach Braff in middle and high school. 

4. What Italian luxury brand, best known for its popular high-fashion (and high-price) sneakers that feature its signature five-pointed star, evokes a fowl from a Brothers Grimm fairy tale?
Correct Answer: GOLDEN GOOSE
Your Answer: Golden Goose
Points Assigned: 1

I have never heard of the brand, but I remembered the goose that lays golden eggs from Jack and the beanstalk.

5. What is the dominant ethnic group of Sri Lanka, comprising nearly 75% of the population? The group's name is also sometimes used to denote its native language.
Correct Answer: SINHALESE
Your Answer: Sinhalese
Points Assigned: 2

I have been to Sri Lanka

6. Three valves—one which lengthens a tube by 160mm, the second by 70mm, and the third by 270mm—are essential components of what?
Correct Answer: TRUMPET
Your Answer: Piston
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea. Didn't think too long about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment