Thursday, February 25, 2021

Seif Day 4 vs. Steiny (LLL)

3/6.  I guessed what I thought was the "obvious" answer twice today, which worked out once.

1. Odeon :(, D23.  No clue at all.

2. Gazprom :), D31.  Business gimme.

3. Tennessee :), D11.  As far as I know, Tennessee is by far the most closely associated state with a type of liquor after Kentucky, so this was the obvious answer.  However, I almost overthought it and put down Vermont due to the maple sugar and the person's name being "Nathan Green."  I would have kicked myself about that all day, so I'm glad I didn't.

4. Lilac :(, D12.  I had no idea other than a vague sense of the color.  I never would have come up with periwinkle.

5. Gregorian :), D00.  I got it from the calendar.  I don't think I could have just from the chant clue.  But I think the calendar part of the question will be enough for many people.

6. Van Winkle :(, D22.  Ugh.  This was gettable.  Wasn't there a similar question to this some seasons ago?  I focused right in on the most well known Irving character and didn't look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment