Thursday, February 25, 2021

Ben Day 4

Seems like a strong showing for me. 5/6. Thorsten went pretty wordy today! I found D hard

1 :( No idea. D21. Strong art opponents. Guessed Carnegie as someone who might have an art museum named after them in the midwest.
2 :) Gazprom. D33 Very related to my work, so no idea how hard this plays for regular folk with middling  BUS/ECON like my opponents. Went with D33
3 :) Tennessee. D12 I wasn't aware that there was a particular process for Tennessee whiskey, but I assumed it had to be right.
4 :) Perriwinkle. D22. I happen to know what the color Perriwinkle is because it was my wife's favorite childhood Crayola color. For some reason I thought it had to do with a color of shells, but I had no better guess for a lavender-blue color.
5 :) Gregorian. D01. Obviously a date jump like that has to do with calendar convention, and Gregory is the eponymous source of our calendar name so seemed like a no-brainer once I ignored the confusing Latin term.
6 :) knickerbockers. D10. Current NY group gave it to me. I was thinking something along the lines of 'Gotham' half way through the clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment