I see Steiny's post st the top of the blog so I'll try to read it as I go along. Before looking, I thought today was hard.
1 :( Rainman. D21. I initially assumed the long velvet case contained a weapon, but that didn't help or hurt because I do not know this movie. Almost gave Steiny a 0 here. Wish I had. 0(0)-1(1)
2 :( Pop tarts. D22. I was sure I had this right, because of the Nyan Cat gif, and I assume Steiny is not sufficiently up to speed on internet culture to be able to get it, though in hindsight that was a dangerous assumption because he spends so much time with teens. As it turns out I had the answer all wrong. Of course, it would never have occurred to me that Jif was the answer because it is clearly the incorrect pronunciation of gif. 0(0)-3(2).
3 :) helium. D00. I think this will play easiest of the day, with it being a fairly known science thing, as well as the language derivation. Waste of my 0. 1(1)-3(2).
4 :) Christmas. D12. Woot. I leaned on my hebrew here. I figured nabi was prophet like eliyahu hanavi, mawlid passed your noled (birth) so went with Christmas because prophet birth. 3(2)-3(2).
5 :) Ben. D11. Classic LL derivation here. Why was Thorsten asking this question? He must either be famous for something else, or the namesake of something. Went through a couple of bad ideas of things before focussing on the 6'7 -> tall/big and voila. 5(3)-3(2).
6 :( Conrad. D33. I went with Joseph Conrad thinking that Deart of Darkness might have been a sequel to Heart of Summer. 5(3)-3(2).
So Steiny correctly predicted the TCA and margin, but gave us both too much defensive credit. If only I could beat Steiny like this in regular LL rather than LLL. He leads that important tally 8-0-2, and I don't get a chance this season because of the C/D divide!
No comments:
Post a Comment