Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Seif Day 6 vs. Pelc (LL) and Will (LLL)

5/6. Hard questions in friendly categories and easy questions in unfriendly ones is a great combination. 

1. Tipecanoo :), D10. American history gimme. I don't think this is all that easy, but both my opponents are strong in this category. Apologies to Thorsten for butchering the spelling. 

2. Pyrenees :), D22. Great question. I'd never heard of the gulfs, but one sounds French and the other Spanish, so this can only be the Pyrenees. 

3. Barbieri :(, D31. No clue. I went with an Italian sounding name due to the question, but even that was wrong. 

4. Prince :), D01. I'm terrible at pop music, but who else could this possibly be? 

5. Man Booker :), D12. I knew this immediately, which is surprising. But I remember reading about how its eligibility was recently expanded from Commonwealth only to all English language. 

6. Ellipse :), D23. Math gimme. High D because this is a weakness for both opponents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment