5/6
1. The cities of New York, Venice, Berlin, Las Vegas, and Bilbao are current or previous homes to art museums established by what foundation (after which the museums are all named)?
Correct Answer: GUGGENHEIM
Your Answer: Gugenheim
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
4. Give the first and last names of the composer, piano virtuoso, and former child prodigy of the Romantic era, née Wieck, who was one of the first pianists to perform the now-standard practice of playing from memory.
Correct Answer: CLARA SCHUMANN
Your Answer: Wolfganag Amadeus Mozart
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
1. The cities of New York, Venice, Berlin, Las Vegas, and Bilbao are current or previous homes to art museums established by what foundation (after which the museums are all named)?
Correct Answer: GUGGENHEIM
Your Answer: Gugenheim
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
Bilbao made this easy.
2. Two Grammy Awards, a Nobel Peace Prize, and over a dozen honorary Doctor of Laws (LL.D) degrees are among the laurels bestowed upon what individual?
Correct Answer: BARACK OBAMA, JIMMY CARTER
Your Answer: Obama
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
2. Two Grammy Awards, a Nobel Peace Prize, and over a dozen honorary Doctor of Laws (LL.D) degrees are among the laurels bestowed upon what individual?
Correct Answer: BARACK OBAMA, JIMMY CARTER
Your Answer: Obama
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I considered Bob Dylan, but his Nobel wasn't a peace prize. I didn't think any musician had one a peace prize, so I then considered people I knew had peace prizes. That is when I thought of Obama and Carter. I knew Obama had Dreams from my Father and the Audacity of Hope, so I figured he might have done audio books for them. I could not think of the equivalent for Carter.
3. Isaac, Taylor, and Zac are the names of the three brothers who form what namesake music group whose eleventh studio album, a symphonic double-album titled String Theory, was released on November 9, 2018?
Correct Answer: HANSON
Your Answer: Hanson
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
3. Isaac, Taylor, and Zac are the names of the three brothers who form what namesake music group whose eleventh studio album, a symphonic double-album titled String Theory, was released on November 9, 2018?
Correct Answer: HANSON
Your Answer: Hanson
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I met the two older brothers in an Italian restaurant at the Sundance film festival in 2001 after they got kicked out of a party Radiohead was having. I guess they were still underage. Taylor was busking for cash at the piano in the restaurant. I got them to autograph a postcard and forge their little brothers signature as a gift for a friend.Nice guys. Later, the waitress tried to sneak them into the party through a back staircase. I never actually got to see Radiohead at their party.
4. Give the first and last names of the composer, piano virtuoso, and former child prodigy of the Romantic era, née Wieck, who was one of the first pianists to perform the now-standard practice of playing from memory.
Correct Answer: CLARA SCHUMANN
Your Answer: Wolfganag Amadeus Mozart
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
Nope! Glad I 3'd this.
5. With an estimated population of more than 140 million, what island is the world's most populous, though only the fifth-largest in its country in area?
Correct Answer: JAVA
Your Answer: Java
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
5. With an estimated population of more than 140 million, what island is the world's most populous, though only the fifth-largest in its country in area?
Correct Answer: JAVA
Your Answer: Java
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
Easy geography question.
6. The Gregorian calendar, named after Pope Gregory XIII, who promulgated it in October 1582, reformed the pre-existing calendar slightly, and one way of doing so was by altering the rule for leap years (no Feb. 29 in years divisible by 100, unless also divisible by 400). This corrected the previous calendar proposed and enacted by (and named after) whom?
Correct Answer: JULIUS CAESAR
Your Answer: Julius Caesar
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
6. The Gregorian calendar, named after Pope Gregory XIII, who promulgated it in October 1582, reformed the pre-existing calendar slightly, and one way of doing so was by altering the rule for leap years (no Feb. 29 in years divisible by 100, unless also divisible by 400). This corrected the previous calendar proposed and enacted by (and named after) whom?
Correct Answer: JULIUS CAESAR
Your Answer: Julius Caesar
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I had a moment where I thought, "was there a Justinian calendar?" It went back and forth and decided it was Julian.
---------------------------------------
| Jesse Weisz Executive Director, GEEO Teacher Travel Programs Phone: 1-877-600-0105 Email: jesse@geeo.org Website: www.geeo.org Address: 700 East Main Street, Norristown, PA 19401 |
No comments:
Post a Comment