Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Seif Day 5 vs. Mirkin (LLL)

4/6. Had no chance at the others. I am second-guessing my defense. 

1. Guggenheim :), D32. Gimme for me, which I attributed at first to New York-specific knowledge. Now I'm not so sure and am regretting the high D. 

2. Obama :), D01. Seems like it should have been a gimme, but I actually struggled on this one for a while. I think I was right to give this a low D, as I think this is the best guess. (No chance on Carter.)

3. Jonas Brothers :(, D22. And I'm back to having no idea on pop music questions. Order has been restored in the universe. 

4. Wolfgang Mozart :(, D13. No chance here. I missed the clue that the answer was a woman and did D1 on the defense just in case it was Mozart. I regret the low D. 

5. Java :), D10. Gimme. Should be even more of a gimme for Mirkin. 

6. Julius Caesar :), D21. That the calendar was called the Julian was a gimme. That Julian corresponded to Julius Caesar was a guess, but I was very confident about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment