4/6 when I was expecting only 2, pleasant surprise. Congrats to Ben on the tie yesterday! Perfect defense gives me and Jesse a 4(4) tie, well played!
1)Tippecanoe. Think it's a gimme for most, but my LL opponent has .133, albeit on a small sample size, in US History. 3/0
2) Pyrenees. A guess, more wild than educated. The range had to span to two bodies of water, and involve 2 languages, probably French, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian. I have no idea where exactly any mountain ranges are, but I cleverly ruled out the Rockies, Appalachians, Adirondacks, and Himalayas based on the names of the gulfs. I considered the Andes, for Spanish and Portuguese, and the Alps, French Alps, Italian Alps, any subsection of the Alps. Finally went with the Pyrenees, as both Pyrenees and Golfe de Gascogne sound French. And now after submitting I see the Pyrenees span the border of Spain and France. Who knew? (all of you on the blog, apparently.) 1/1
3)Sagal. No idea, but I have heard of Arbus. Went with Sagal, as I thought to get to the answer through the twins, hoping they were the daughters of the photographer. The Sagal sisters were minor celebrities in the early 80s, about the right age for the twins in question, with roles in Grease 2, and their short-lived sitcom Double Trouble. I think one of them was a love interest for Jason Bateman in an episode of Valerie/Harper Family. Also, Jean and Liz are the little sisters of Katey Sagal. And that's how you get from Diane Arbus to Sons of Anarchy. I hope you enjoyed the digression. 1/3
4)Prince. Wasn't sure this was correct, but who else could it be? Pop music songwriter, prolific music legend, with at least one unpronounceable pseudonym. I couldn't think of anyone else, but wasn't confident for some reason. 0/1
5)Caldecott. no clue. Sounded more British than Newberry. But not British enough. Have heard of Man Booker though. 2/2
6) Ellipse. Geometry gimme. Facing sub .200 math opponents, but worried this is guessable. 2/2
No comments:
Post a Comment