Friday, November 30, 2018

Ben day 10

4/6

1 :) brexit. Date made it obvious.
2 :( Guantanamo bay. I figured this had something to do with Cuba. Figured wrong. Isn't Everyone's favorite palindrome "A man. A plan. A canal. Gitmo."?
3 :) teriyaki. Shiny on the grill. I knew yaki was grill from teriyaki, yakitori, teppanyaki. As an only child who was frequently dragged to ethnic restaurants, I used to try and read the foreign language menus to work out the translations of various items. Eg aloo palak has potatoes but palak paneer doesn't so aloo must be potato. Aha, so gobi must be cauliflower from aloo gobi etc.
4 :) salt n pepa. I had no other guess, and thought they were also around in the 90s. 
5 :( car dealership. I doubt I get points here. I know Puddy worked in a car dealership and thought he might be a mechanic because he didn't like the term grease monkey, but I wasn't sure about all the other names so I guessed I needed to broaden.
6 :) tensile strength. 2 Engineering questions in a week. Nice 

No comments:

Post a Comment