1/6 and was lucky to get that.
1. In most English versions of the Bible (including the King James version), the 23rd psalm of the Old Testament begins with what five words?
Correct Answer: THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
Your Answer: Let me see that thong
Points Assigned: 1
I had absolutely no idea. I was hoping Sisqo was somehow involved.
2. A July festival honoring Saint Fermín is a popular event in what ancient Basque city and capital of the Spanish autonomous community of Navarre?
Correct Answer: PAMPLONA
Your Answer: Bilbao
Points Assigned: 2
Nope.
3. Pictured here is exactly the left-most 1/3 of a painting by what artist? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/images/art/87345yc9854ny3.jpg
Correct Answer: JAMES ABBOTT MCNEILL WHISTLER
Your Answer: Whistler
Points Assigned: 2
3. Pictured here is exactly the left-most 1/3 of a painting by what artist? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/
Correct Answer: JAMES ABBOTT MCNEILL WHISTLER
Your Answer: Whistler
Points Assigned: 2
This was a total guess. Pretty shocked I was right.
4. A popular 1961 novel by Scottish writer Muriel Spark tells of the "prime" (and the downfall) of what eccentric and revered Edinburgh schoolteacher?
Correct Answer: MISS JEAN BRODIE
Your Answer: Mcdoogal
Points Assigned: 1
Never heard of her.
5. Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo is most often seen translated into English as what?
Correct Answer: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
Your Answer: I came, I saw, I conquered
Points Assigned: 0
4. A popular 1961 novel by Scottish writer Muriel Spark tells of the "prime" (and the downfall) of what eccentric and revered Edinburgh schoolteacher?
Correct Answer: MISS JEAN BRODIE
Your Answer: Mcdoogal
Points Assigned: 1
Never heard of her.
5. Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo is most often seen translated into English as what?
Correct Answer: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
Your Answer: I came, I saw, I conquered
Points Assigned: 0
Oh, yeah, I should have thought on that a bit more. Glad I scored it as a 0.
6. What is the technical term, from the Latin for "decayed" or "rotten," used in dentistry for the gradual breakdown and disintegration of a tooth due to bacteria? Commonly known as cavities, it's an ailment believed to afflict the vast majority of the world's population.
Correct Answer: CARIES
Your Answer: Gingavitis
Points Assigned: 3
6. What is the technical term, from the Latin for "decayed" or "rotten," used in dentistry for the gradual breakdown and disintegration of a tooth due to bacteria? Commonly known as cavities, it's an ailment believed to afflict the vast majority of the world's population.
Correct Answer: CARIES
Your Answer: Gingavitis
Points Assigned: 3
Never heard of Caries. I knew Gingavitis was wrong but couldn't think of anything better.
No comments:
Post a Comment