3/6
1. This montage contains photographs by what Danish-born social justice reformer and police reporter for the New York Tribune? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/images/art/23984y9n248y5.jpg
Correct Answer: JACOB RIIS
Your Answer: Sinclair
Points Assigned: 2
Correct Answer: JACOB RIIS
Your Answer: Sinclair
Points Assigned: 2
I had no idea. I knew Sinclair wasn't Danish, but couldn't come up with anything better.
2. Name the 1974 film loosely inspired by the real-life story of farmer and handyman Ed Gein (although Gein himself lived his entire life in Wisconsin).
Correct Answer: THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE
Your Answer: The Poseidon Adventure
Points Assigned: 2
2. Name the 1974 film loosely inspired by the real-life story of farmer and handyman Ed Gein (although Gein himself lived his entire life in Wisconsin).
Correct Answer: THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE
Your Answer: The Poseidon Adventure
Points Assigned: 2
Never saw the film. I knew a state was probably in the title, but I just couldn't figure it out.
3. 1990's I'm Your Baby Tonight was what artist's first full-length album not to reach #1 on the Billboard 200 album chart, as well as her first not to be titled eponymously?
Correct Answer: WHITNEY HOUSTON
Your Answer: Houston
Points Assigned: 0
3. 1990's I'm Your Baby Tonight was what artist's first full-length album not to reach #1 on the Billboard 200 album chart, as well as her first not to be titled eponymously?
Correct Answer: WHITNEY HOUSTON
Your Answer: Houston
Points Assigned: 0
I knew the song.
4. What prefix, which is derived from the Greek for "deep," precedes "-scaphe" and "-sphere" in terms for vessels used to explore the ocean depths?
Correct Answer: BATHY
Your Answer: Bathy
Points Assigned: 1
4. What prefix, which is derived from the Greek for "deep," precedes "-scaphe" and "-sphere" in terms for vessels used to explore the ocean depths?
Correct Answer: BATHY
Your Answer: Bathy
Points Assigned: 1
I have listened to an episode of 99%Iinvisible about a Bathysphere.
5. A particular political movement, formed between 1945 and 1946 and still strong today, and formally labeled justicialismo in 1949, has transformed and modified over the years but is a general amalgam of populist nationalism, social democracy, and economic independence. Perhaps mostly, it can be described as loyalty to what person (and his memory), after whom the movement is also commonly named?
Correct Answer: JUAN PERÓN
Your Answer: Guevera
Points Assigned: 3
5. A particular political movement, formed between 1945 and 1946 and still strong today, and formally labeled justicialismo in 1949, has transformed and modified over the years but is a general amalgam of populist nationalism, social democracy, and economic independence. Perhaps mostly, it can be described as loyalty to what person (and his memory), after whom the movement is also commonly named?
Correct Answer: JUAN PERÓN
Your Answer: Guevera
Points Assigned: 3
Ugh, seems gettable. My brother was in Evita when he was in middle school. Guessing he will get this.
6. Which African country has the continent's longest coastline on the Atlantic Ocean, running from the mouth of the Congo River in the north to the Namibian border on the Kunene River in the south (plus an exclave to the north)?
Correct Answer: ANGOLA
Your Answer: Angola
Points Assigned: 1
6. Which African country has the continent's longest coastline on the Atlantic Ocean, running from the mouth of the Congo River in the north to the Namibian border on the Kunene River in the south (plus an exclave to the north)?
Correct Answer: ANGOLA
Your Answer: Angola
Points Assigned: 1
I've been to Namibia I knew that Angola bordered it to the North.
No comments:
Post a Comment