3/6 I think.
Correct Answer: (GOLDEN) SPONGE CAKE
Your Answer: Angel Food Cake
Points Assigned: 1
Darn, I had a feeling I was wrong.
2. The world's first woman to be democratically elected as chief of state was Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, who served as what nation's president beginning in August 1980?
Correct Answer: ICELAND
Your Answer: Iceland
Points Assigned: 1
2. The world's first woman to be democratically elected as chief of state was Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, who served as what nation's president beginning in August 1980?
Correct Answer: ICELAND
Your Answer: Iceland
Points Assigned: 1
Having lived in Scandinavia and Finland, I could tell this was most likely an Icelandic or Norwegian name. I thought I remembered Iceland having the first female president so that seemed the way to go.
3. What Norwegian's last name comes next in this chronological list? Spassky, Fischer, Karpov, Kasparov, Karpov, Khalifman, Anand, Ponomariov, Kasimdzhanov, Topalov, Kramnik, Anand, _________.
Correct Answer: (MAGNUS) CARLSEN
Your Answer: Hanson
Points Assigned: 2
3. What Norwegian's last name comes next in this chronological list? Spassky, Fischer, Karpov, Kasparov, Karpov, Khalifman, Anand, Ponomariov, Kasimdzhanov, Topalov, Kramnik, Anand, _________.
Correct Answer: (MAGNUS) CARLSEN
Your Answer: Hanson
Points Assigned: 2
I knew who he was and just recently watched a video of him playing chess against people in central park who had no idea who he was. I just couldn't recall his name.
4. A debilitating 1984-85 coal miners strike and its effects on a working-class community in County Durham in northeast England provide a crisis central to the story of what Broadway musical (and the movie on which it is based)?
Correct Answer: BILLY ELLIOT: THE MUSICAL
Your Answer: Billy Elliot
Points Assigned: 0
4. A debilitating 1984-85 coal miners strike and its effects on a working-class community in County Durham in northeast England provide a crisis central to the story of what Broadway musical (and the movie on which it is based)?
Correct Answer: BILLY ELLIOT: THE MUSICAL
Your Answer: Billy Elliot
Points Assigned: 0
I hope I get credit for this.
5. Sufferers of a particular hereditary degenerative disorder of connective tissue, bones, ligament, and muscles tend to be tall and thin with long limbs and digits, and have included Olympic volleyball player Flo Hyman, Rent composer Jonathan Larson, actor Vincent Schiavelli, and possibly Akhenaten and Abe Lincoln (but, conspiracy theories aside, probably not Osama bin Laden). What is this syndrome, named after a late-19th/early-20th-century French pediatrician?
Correct Answer: MARFAN SYNDROME
Your Answer: Marfan
Points Assigned: 2
5. Sufferers of a particular hereditary degenerative disorder of connective tissue, bones, ligament, and muscles tend to be tall and thin with long limbs and digits, and have included Olympic volleyball player Flo Hyman, Rent composer Jonathan Larson, actor Vincent Schiavelli, and possibly Akhenaten and Abe Lincoln (but, conspiracy theories aside, probably not Osama bin Laden). What is this syndrome, named after a late-19th/early-20th-century French pediatrician?
Correct Answer: MARFAN SYNDROME
Your Answer: Marfan
Points Assigned: 2
Somehow I knew this.
6. With works that include the quartet "Death and the Maiden," the song cycle Die schöne Müllerin, and several symphonies (some completed; others unfinished), the output of this great Austrian melodist is vast—notably so, given his premature death at age 31.
Correct Answer: FRANZ SCHUBERT
Your Answer: Mahler
Points Assigned: 3
Nope.
No comments:
Post a Comment