Monday, February 23, 2026

Beginner's Luck and Rookie Mistakes:)

Hello! Very Happy to be here and thanks to David for inviting me!

For my first outing, I did OK--
1. I literally named the only two 90's-era ladies tennis players I knew, which happened to be the right ones! II even spelled them correctly. I assigned this 3 points because I thought folks would be tripped up by the double answer.

2. I've seen Hamilton:) And I fully confess that despite being a history buff, I probably wouldn't have known Thomas Jefferson was the first Secretary of State without that musical. I assigned it 1 point, because I am guessing everyone else has seen Hamilton, too.

3. Swing and a miss--I had no clue so I guessed Charles in Charge. Assigned 2 points.

4. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books, and you don't forget Bertha Mason. I allotted it 2 points because I want this to be something I know and other people don't:)

5. I knew it was Korean. Thank you K-Pop Demon Hunters! I didn't know the letters mimicked mouth shapes, etc. That was a cool thing to learn. I thought this might be pretty well-known, so I assigned it 1 point.

6. This one kills me: I put Baleen whale because I saw the Latin name and I thought I was clever. But I missed the bit where it said "largest animal ever known," which anyone who regularly visits the Museum of Natural History in NY knows is the Blue Whale. Hopefully the person I was playing against ALSO marked this one as 0.

Super Fun: Looking forward to tomorrow's quiz and seeing how my opponent did!

No comments:

Post a Comment