For a brief moment this morning, I pondered how I managed to get into first place in B before discovering that there was a glitch, and everyone was being ranked by how long they had been in LL. Oh well, back into 12th place. 4/6 today.
1. There are exactly two European countries whose flags use the color scheme of blue and yellow, with no other colors. Name both of these countries.
Correct Answer: SWEDEN, UKRAINE
Your Answer: Ukraine, Sweden
Points Assigned: 1
Correct Answer: SWEDEN, UKRAINE
Your Answer: Ukraine, Sweden
Points Assigned: 1
For a moment I considered Bosnia, but I figured that would have made the question to difficult and indeed there is white in that flag.
2. Aschenputtel, Schneewittchen, Dornröschen, Rotkäppchen, and Der Froschkönig are all names closely associated with what Germans born in the mid-1780s?
Correct Answer: BROTHERS GRIMM
Your Answer: Brothers Grimm
Points Assigned: 2
2. Aschenputtel, Schneewittchen, Dornröschen, Rotkäppchen, and Der Froschkönig are all names closely associated with what Germans born in the mid-1780s?
Correct Answer: BROTHERS GRIMM
Your Answer: Brothers Grimm
Points Assigned: 2
I can't believe you all also got this one right. I recognized the words witch and Frog King.
3. What word, not a neologism (as is commonly asserted) but not in frequent use at the time, was popularized by Warren G. Harding in the US presidential election of 1920, in connection with his promise to bring the country back to a calm social and political order after the turmoil of the Wilson years?
Correct Answer: NORMALCY
Your Answer: Cool
Points Assigned: 3
3. What word, not a neologism (as is commonly asserted) but not in frequent use at the time, was popularized by Warren G. Harding in the US presidential election of 1920, in connection with his promise to bring the country back to a calm social and political order after the turmoil of the Wilson years?
Correct Answer: NORMALCY
Your Answer: Cool
Points Assigned: 3
I was hoping that Warren Harding was the birth of cool. I also considered Copacetic.
4. Ursus maritimus is the scientific name for an animal most commonly known as what?
Correct Answer: POLAR BEAR
Your Answer: Polar Bear
Points Assigned: 0
4. Ursus maritimus is the scientific name for an animal most commonly known as what?
Correct Answer: POLAR BEAR
Your Answer: Polar Bear
Points Assigned: 0
I considered Tardigrade, but that would be the the opposite formulation of scientific name to common name.
5. The history of what company began in 1866 as the Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company before merging a few decades later with — and adopting the name of — another company, the creator of Farine Lactée infant formula?
Correct Answer: NESTLE
Your Answer: Nestle
Points Assigned: 1
It was the company that made the most sense in terms of importance.
6. Work at a Pizza Place, MeepCity, Piggy, Royale High, Tower of Hell, Brookhaven, and Adopt Me! are among the millions of games available on what online platform popular with younger audiences and launched in 2006?
Correct Answer: ROBLOX
Your Answer: Steam
Points Assigned: 2
6. Work at a Pizza Place, MeepCity, Piggy, Royale High, Tower of Hell, Brookhaven, and Adopt Me! are among the millions of games available on what online platform popular with younger audiences and launched in 2006?
Correct Answer: ROBLOX
Your Answer: Steam
Points Assigned: 2
Nope!
No comments:
Post a Comment