Tuesday, November 19, 2024

David S Day 6

 3/6. With two gimmies, that’s a bit disappointing.

  1. Sonnet :(, D21. I couldn’t even come up with a decent guess. 
  2. Lima :), D21. Gimme for me. Really the only major Spanish-speaking city on the Pacific coast at all, and I also knew it was Spanish colonial capital. 
  3. Rodman :), D12. 1990s, lots of rebounds, not a lot of points - that can only be Dennis Rodman. 
  4. Par :(, D12. Kind of kicking myself here. This was so gettable in so many ways. I somehow got caught up on the idea that it would be an acronym for period of axial rotation, and I’m not sure why. 
  5. Lupone :(, D00. I had no clue, but should play well for my opponents given their strengths. 
  6. Wars of the Roses :), D33. Gimme for me. While technically correct, I think “Late Middle Ages” is seriously misleading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment