Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Marcus LL100 Match Day 2 -- Confirmation

4/6 which I think is a good score today, some of the questions are very hard.




Player: BrowningM

1. Podcaster and internet entrepreneur Adam Curry is also famous (at least to US audiences) for his on-camera work in the 1980s and 1990s for what company, whose domain name Curry registered and ran personally in 1993?
Correct Answer: MTV
Your Answer: pass
Points Assigned: 1


I guess this is easy but I didn't have a clue

2. At the 2019 NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships, what Louisiana State University athlete—in her first and only year of collegiate competition—broke the women's collegiate and world Under-20 (U20) records in winning the 100 meters, and also broke the world U20 record while finishing runner up by 0.01 seconds in the 200 meters?
Correct Answer: SHA'CARRI RICHARDSON
Your Answer: shacarrit richardson
Points Assigned: 3

I reckon this is very hard but I was a pretty serious sprinter/long jumper in my youth and still follow it closely 
3. The westernmost point on the mainland of the continent of North America is at the tip of a peninsula named after what 19th-century American politician?
Correct Answer: WILLIAM H. SEWARD
Your Answer: mckinley
Points Assigned: 2

I was happy with my guess, i was never getting this.
4. In Shakespeare's Hamlet, in Act 5, Scene 2 (the play's final scene, just after Hamlet's dying words), a character referred to as "Ambassador" states, "The sight is dismal, / And our affairs from England come too late. / The ears are senseless that should give us hearing / To tell him his commandment is fulfilled, / That [BLANK]. / Where should we have our thanks?" What statement, itself the title of a 1966 play, fills in the blank?
Correct Answer: ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD
Your Answer: rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead
Points Assigned: 2

Not as good as Arcadia
5. What familiar word refers to a common, often age-related medical disorder and is also a geographical term synonymous with "powerful waterfall" (and in fact comes directly from the Latin for "waterfall")?
Correct Answer: CATARACT
Your Answer: cataracts
Points Assigned: 1

I knew the waterfall

6. A famous painting by 19th-century German painter Emanuel Leutze re-creates a historical event at what non-German river?
Correct Answer: DELAWARE
Your Answer: washington crossing the delaware
Points Assigned: 0


Seen it at the met


No comments:

Post a Comment