I forgot to register for LLL doh! Really annoyed.
5/6 I thought I had 6
Gimme
Player: BrowningM
1. Clothing retailers Zara, H&M, Shein, ASOS, and Forever 21 are examples of companies that employ what business model, a two-word term the New York Times used in 1990 to describe Zara's ability to proceed in 15 days from an item's design idea to hanging the item on a store rack?
Correct Answer: FAST FASHION
Your Answer: fast fashion
Points Assigned: 1
Slightly dodgy spelling but I'm sure it's close enough.2. "The Magnificent" and "The Lawgiver" were sobriquets applied to what 16th-century sultan of the Ottoman Empire, during whose rule the empire reached its fullest extent with conquests of Belgrade, Rhodes, Iraq, Tripoli, and Hungary?
Correct Answer: SULEIMAN
Your Answer: suliman
Points Assigned: 2
I knew this but it's very guessable3. Arab mathematician and astronomer Muhammad ibn-Musa al-Khwarizmi, who compiled early works on arithmetic and astronomical tables, introduced algebraic concepts to Western mathematics as a result of his work's translation into Latin. In fact, it is from the Latinization of his name that what common word in mathematics is derived?
Correct Answer: ALGORITHM
Your Answer: algorithm
Points Assigned: 2
4. Name the multiparadigm programming language first released in 1995 and designed by Yukihiro Matsumoto, who named the language after a colleague's birthstone.
Correct Answer: RUBY
Your Answer: citrix
Points Assigned: 3
I thought this was a great answer from Citrine…never heard of Ruby (the language)
Gimme for my vintage5. A red 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder plays a prominent role in the plot of what 1986 film?
Correct Answer: FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF
Your Answer: ferris buller's day off
Points Assigned: 1
6. "Appeal", "associate", "brethren", "broker", "chamber", "client", "confession", "litigators", "partner", "racketeer", "rainmaker", "reckoning", "summons", "testament"—all of these words appear in titles of what novelist's works, which are perennial bestsellers?
Correct Answer: JOHN GRISHAM
Your Answer: grisham
Points Assigned: 0
Gimme
No comments:
Post a Comment