Friday, May 27, 2022

Re: Debbie Day 8, 9, 10

Day 10 - working my way back with a 3.  Had actually been in surprisingly good shape in C, but now heading back down where I probably belong

1. Nile, Cairo  :( not sure I knew there was another Cairo even if I sensed that might be what it was getting at 

2. U Conn :) assume that works. I know they are unparalleled womens bball team

3. deciduous :) figure if I know this, everyone must?

4. Twelfth Night :) I dont really know my Shakespeare but know this refers to a holiday of some sort

5. Le Danseur :( never heard of the real one 

6. apple :( was thinking WIlliam Tell / the shooting the apple off the head story



Day 9 - oy 2

1. bay  :(. what on earth is a lake that's also a pigment?  hardly anyone knows - except my opponent

2. sacks :( thought I might have had it but nope

3. wrong answer :( nope

4. Khruschev :) lucky guess for me (and yes, it is a great song - as is scrubs, which has now been in my head for a couple days)

5. wrong answer :) 

6. Scrub :( bummed that my mathy / sciency opponent got this and the 3 I gave it


Day 8 - ouch 1

1. Christmastime  :(. nope

2. Vin Diesel :( wrong action series

3. Henry James :( thought there might be other James's

4. Voyager :( thought that would have been a good name for a shuttle. I guess it's just a Star Trek thing?

5. GErman Shepherd :) also thought of Alsace Lorraine so also considered French poodle but figured there would be a time peope didn't want to call something German

6. aluminum :( was only metal element I could think of



No comments:

Post a Comment