Sunday, May 29, 2022

David S Days 9 and 10

Did these about a week ago with advance access. 5/6 both days. This has been by far my best start to a LL season, which makes me worry I’m due for some very unfriendly questions. 

Day 9:

1. Bay :(, D30.  I had no idea.  Just took a random guess.

2. Interceptions :), D13.  About as much of a gimme as I get.

3. SWIFT :), D21.  I doubt I would have gotten this prior to the Russian sanction.

4. Kruschev :), D01.  Luckily spelling doesn't count.  I was pretty much certain on this one since he tried to De-Stalinize the country.

5. Millenium Prize :), D12.  I'm surprised this played as hard as it did.  Ever since Fermat's Last Theorem was solved, I've had a bit of an obsession with long-unsolved math puzzles.  So I was very familiar with these.

6. Scrub :), D12.  I'm somehow 3 for 3 on pop music so far this season.  Huge fluke.  But I am the perfect age for this question, and I also see it played easy.

Day 10:

1. Mississippi, Ohio :), D01.  I love this question.  I read an article a few years back about how depressed Cairo, Illinois is, so I knew about this city.  Otherwise I would have found it very tricky.  But I actually expected it to play a bit easier than it did.

2. University of Connecticut :), D10. I don't know much about women's (or men's) college basketball, but it seems like UConn wins the women's tournament year after year, so that was my best guess.

3. Deciduous :), D22.  Bad D here.  I didn't think this term would be all that well known, at least outside of the Eastern US.

4. Twelfth Night :), D22.  I've seen this play several times.  So no question for me here.

5. Les Desmoiselles :), D33.  Great get for me on an obscure art question (and again, thanks to spelling not counting).  This is another question I got because my kids like looking at pictures of famous paintings with me on my phone.

6. Kiwi :(, D11.  I had no idea.  I don't know much about bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment