Thursday, September 18, 2025

Jesse Day 23

3/6

1. What city, the capital of Gabon, was founded by the French in the 19th century as a settlement for freed enslaved people (thus its name)?
Correct Answer: LIBREVILLE
Your Answer: Liberville
Points Assigned: 1

I knew this from studying maps. 

2. In Week 2 of the 2024 season, what franchise, despite playing its home games in the smallest major league professional sports market in North America, became the first in NFL history to win 800 games? (Location and team name required.)
Correct Answer: GREEN BAY PACKERS
Your Answer: Green Bay Packers
Points Assigned: 0

Pretty easy for an NFL question. 

3. Name the influential virtuoso classical guitarist born in 1893 in the Andalusian city of Linares (and not the Castilian-Leonese city with which he shares his name).
Correct Answer: ANDRÉS SEGOVIA
Your Answer: Django Reinhart
Points Assigned: 3

I had no idea. 

4. American author Sinclair Lewis's 1925 novel about a Midwestern doctor and medical researcher shares a pronunciation with the name of a legendary rock band from Boston. Give either name.
Correct Answer: ARROWSMITH/AEROSMITH
Your Answer: Aerosmith
Points Assigned: 1

The second band from Boston I could think of, after Boston. 

5. Anatomically and functionally, what is the crural equivalent of the brachial humerus?
Correct Answer: FEMUR
Your Answer: Lungs
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea.

6. What prefix, from Greek for "straight" or "correct", appears in various mathematical terms including words that are synonyms for perpendicular and great circle?
Correct Answer: ORTHO
Your Answer: Dia
Points Assigned: 2

Nope!

No comments:

Post a Comment