Friday, September 12, 2025

David S Day 19

A day after I incorrectly thought that I had all 6, today I got all 6 much to my surprise. I thought I had a good shot at each of them today, but I was pretty surprised they all went my way. I would not have been surprised to have gotten only 3 when I submitted. 

  1. Washington :), D11. Love this question, but not too hard. 
  2. Avant guard :), D32. I thought of this term and felt like it fit every aspect of the question, but I was certainly not confident. 
  3. Fidelity :), D00. I knew two of these. 
  4. Happy Gilmore :), D22. Another one I got because it came out when I was in high school (or maybe late middle school). 
  5. I Love Lucy :), D11. I really had no idea, but this seems like a good generic guess. It’s the sitcom equivalent of putting down Smith for a name. I didn’t expect it to be right. 
  6. Electric :), D23. Also surprised this was right. I knew there was something called “the body electric,” but I didn’t know it was a Whitman poem. But it again seemed to perfectly fit the clue of a word common today but not in the 1850s, and I didn’t have any other guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment