Wednesday, September 3, 2025

Jesse Day 12

3/6

1. A pivotal historical event occurred in February 1898, with the explosion of a U.S. battleship in the harbor of what city?
Correct Answer: HAVANA
Your Answer: Havana
Points Assigned: 3

I remembered the Maine. 

2. The current coach of the Chicago Bears shares a name with the Canadian sprinter who was stripped of the gold medal in the 100m dash at the 1988 Summer Olympics, as well as the man who served until March 2025 as the coach of the Minnesota Golden Gophers men's basketball team. What is that full name (first and last)?
Correct Answer: BEN JOHNSON
Your Answer: Ben Johnson
Points Assigned: 2

For some reason, the disgraced sprinter Ben Johnson has remained in my memory.  I had no shot otherwise. 

3. A wildly popular 2018 self‑help book by James Clear is subtitled "An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones" and features the cover line "Tiny Changes, Remarkable Results." What single word does Clear use in the title to describe these Habits and emphasize their smallness?
Correct Answer: ATOMIC
Your Answer: Micro
Points Assigned: 1

Nope! 

4. What staple of menus at Chinese restaurants in North America (but rare to non-existent in China) is a sweet variation of General Tso's reportedly developed at a Panda Express in Hawaii in 1987?
Correct Answer: ORANGE CHICKEN
Your Answer: Sweet and Sour Chicken
Points Assigned: 1

I hardly ever get cheap Chinese food. Big miss. 

5. What word, also used commonly in mathematics and physics, is used in epidemiology for an organism capable of transmitting a pathogen from one organism to another?
Correct Answer: VECTOR
Your Answer: Carrier
Points Assigned: 2

Shoot, very gettable. I knew I was wrong. 

6. In a 1997 action thriller starring Harrison Ford, his character instructs Gary Oldman's Ivan Korshunov to deboard from the titular conveyance (and then assists him in doing so) using what precise four-word statement?
Correct Answer: GET OFF MY PLANE
Your Answer: Get off my plane
Points Assigned: 0

I never saw Airforce One, but knew the line anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment