Monday, June 6, 2022

Brian Day 15

 Well, I got some sunburn this weekend, serves me right for wishing it upon others.  (sorry Debbie!) And then I got burnt by today's questions, when changing my answer at the last second on one question and not changing my answer on another cost me two correct answers

Glad to have you back, Dave M!

1) Farberge 1/0  I always wondered why a seemingly Russian product had a French name.  Maybe I get some art points here

2) Cincinnati 2/3  Had Honolulu the entire time, as I know Hawaii was a monarchy, then thought King and Richards didn't sound Hawaiian to me, and went with the Queen City.

3) Coster 0/1  Gimme for me, had it at American Flyers, and have also seen Bull Durham, Field of Dreams and Tin Cup.

4) Animal Crossing 1/1 Was convinced I had this despite not knowing the game.  Have never heard of Crossy Road and I'm regretting my defense

5) Jainism 3/2 Towards the end was thinking Jainism is probably a more recent religion, maybe I should switch it to Zoroastrianism.   But I kept it. 

6) Swedish 2/2  Bad mistake, but at least I never really considered Icelandic.  I thought Hans Christian Anderson was Danish, and so was deciding between Finnish and Swedish for the Norse/Thorsteinsson connection.  Iceland has an Althing, for Odin's sake, straight out of Norse mythology.  I should have thought of that.  I feel like all you world travelers will get this easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment