Friday, June 3, 2022

Brian Day 14 vs David (not David S, not David Seif, just David)

 4/6 This is a very friendly day for David.  The architecture and music questions are really world history, which actually helped me as well.  And the science/literature question is a tv question for me. Hopefully it comes down to defense, where I think I have an edge today.

1) Schumacher 3/3 I know nothing about auto racing, and this name popped into my head.  I've heard of Petty, but assumed he was a 80s-90s era guy

2) Okra 0/1 Gimme, should be for Dave as well

3) Bahamas 2/1  no idea. But I bet Dave knows it.

4) Mongoose  1/2 Rikki Tikki Tavi (based on a Kipling story) was my favorite cartoon special growing up, they showed it once a year. No idea how it plays if you haven't seen the show

5) White House 1/2 Hoban's birthdate, the size, and the reconstruction (after War of 1812) all pointed to it.  Should be gimme for David, but I had to give him 2 because I zeroed the next question

6) La Marseillaise 2/0  Had to be a national anthem, 1795 fit with the revolution.  I don't know what happened in 1879 (Franco Prussian War? no clue) but I'm sure Dave got this.

Excellent defense by both results in a 4(4) - 4(4) tie.

David and Brad, have a great weekend.  I hope the rest of you get sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment