4/6 to close out the season. This season was a tale of two halves for me, with the first half just about my best ever and the second half terrible.
1. Lolly Pop :(, D33. No idea.
2. The Hundred Years War :), D22. I spent far more time on this than any question this season and am happy to have gotten it. 1453 was the exact year that the Ottomans conquered Constantinople, so my thoughts went there and stayed there for a long time. The kind of weird phrasing of the question made me think that the answer was perhaps in the Istanbul was Constantinople song, and I spent a lot of time trying to remember the lyrics. Only when I really couldn't think of anything on that front did I start from scratch, and once I thought of the correct answer, I was pretty confident it made sense.
3. Limousine :), D12. I knew this was a historic French region in the area, so I was confident here.
4. John Smith :(, D21. No idea at all. However, I did (somehow) recognize that this was based on the Office and not an obscure business question, so I at least defended it correctly, or so I think.
5. Deed :), D10. Gimme.
6. Epee :), D01. Not sure I could have named the other two, but this one I knew.
Looks like I get the win today vs. Brad. Have a great break everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment