Thursday, December 2, 2021

Brian Day 16 vs Dave M

 A lucky 6/6 today which I sorely needed, as these are all strong categories for my LL opponent, and another loss yesterday with 4 correct knocked me into the relegation zone.

1) Antigone  2/2  I don't have a good literature get rate, but I remember these ancient plays and epics from high school. (No David S, I was not in high school when they were written.)

2) Muddy Waters 1/3  Semi-lucky guess. I think a version of this was asked a few years ago as to what musical group named themselves after a Muddy Waters song. 

3) The Blair Witch Project 0/1 Never saw this, but hard to avoid knowing all about it

4) Good Neighbor 2/1  Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.  No chance without that clue

5) Belarus 3/0  A guess between Belarus, Turkey and Syria, complicated by not knowing if Turkey was in the EU. I figured Belarus had been in the news more recently for unrest than the other two.

6) L.A. Law 1/2  I knew this after the first name.  This was must see tv in my house. (And I was in high school for this, Dave.  Well, at least the first few years of its run.)

No comments:

Post a Comment