3/6 yesterday as I misread the Medina question as looking for an alternate name for the Hegira, which of course was Mohammed's Night Flight, Night Flight being the name of a Led Zeppelin song and not the night journey, which is what I was thinking of, and which would have been wrong even if the question was asking for another name for the Hegira, since that was his trip to Jerusalem, and I was kicking myself since had I read it correctly I would have gotten it correct. Though I still would have lost on the day on defense. Red and terra cotta were gimmes, I guessed Polyponnesia correctly in hopes it had to do with the Wars and the Leagues, and I incorrectly guessed Eastman Kodak and Phantom of the Opera (thereby losing my NYC cred).
4/6 today
1) Graf 0/2 Between Becker and Graf, but I couldn't see Becker playing that far into the 90s
2) Valley, Kings 1/0 Knew it for some reason (perhaps Indiana Jones?), gorge/valley confirmed it.
3) Radian 3/3 Gimme math question, can't imagine it's guessable for laypersons
4) Steinbrenner 2/1 I had the song in my head, but couldn't pull Lola's name. (What Lola wants, Lola gets.)
5) Kevlar 2/2 Ballistic body armor turns a wild guess into a gimme
6) Chad 1/1 Darn, thought I had this.
No comments:
Post a Comment