Thursday, September 9, 2021

Jesse day 23

3/6

1. What is the common name for the object that covers and seals the valve in a toilet tank responsible for draining water from the tank into the bowl during a flush? "Seat disk", "tank ball", and "rubber" are three main types.
Correct Answer: FLAPPER
Your Answer: Flapper
Points Assigned: 2

I just changed one a few months ago. 

2. Each year from 1927 to 1929, the Wimbledon Ladies' Singles Championship was won by Helen Wills. She won the title five more times between 1930 and 1938 while playing officially under what name?
Correct Answer: HELEN (WILLS) MOODY
Your Answer: Helen Wills Johnson
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea.

3. The exponent power to which a base must be raised to produce a given number is represented by a quantity known by what term?
Correct Answer: LOGARITHM (LOG)
Your Answer: Numerator
Points Assigned: 3

Nope!

4. By earning nearly 19% of the popular vote in the 1992 election, H. Ross Perot became the most successful independent candidate for the US presidency by that measure since what other candidate, who ran 80 years earlier?
Correct Answer: THEODORE ROOSEVELT
Your Answer: Theodore Roosevelt
Points Assigned: 0

Seems like a pretty well known American history fact

5. A 1978 comedy starring Mark Hamill, a 2008 drama directed by and starring Clint Eastwood, a 2019 drama starring Christian Bale and Matt Damon, and a 1990 comedy starring Andrew Dice Clay: the titles of these films have what in common, most distinctively?
Correct Answer: NAMES OF CARS
Your Answer: Ford
Points Assigned: 1

I knew Ford vs Ferrari. I was pretty sure that Andrew Dice Clay move was Ford Fairlane, or something like that. I stopped thinking after that. 

6. An early 1800s woodblock print titled Gyōzui, by Kitagawa Utamaro, has been credited as an inspiration for a similarly themed painting from 1893 by Mary Cassatt. Per their titles, what maternal activity is the subject of both works?
Correct Answer: BATHING (A CHILD)
Your Answer: Bathing a child
Points Assigned: 1

Total guess! Nursing did not seem appropriate for these times. I figured bathing or cleaning might make sense so went with bathing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment