4/6 today. Got one on little more than a guess, but I missed one I really thought I had. I'm up against someone in B whose QPct is significantly better than the A average, so we'll see how this goes...
1. Polo :(, D12. Ugh, thought I had this. I guess maybe "lawn sport" doesn't quite fit. I doubt I would have come up with croquet either way.
2. Northern :), D01. This wasn't much more than a guess. It seemed like a fairly obvious one, except that so did "Southern," which I also almost put. So, now I'm thinking this actually wasn't that easy, that I got lucky, and that I gave too low of a D.
3. Domain :), D31. Gimme.
4. Hybrid :(, D23. I doubted this was right. I would never have come up with recombinant and have never heard or rDNA.
5. Venezuela :), D22. One of the countries I've lived and breathed recently, so super gimme even if I didn't understand the Spanish.
6. Limerick :), D10. Once it came to me, this was clearly the only choice.
1. Polo :(, D12. Ugh, thought I had this. I guess maybe "lawn sport" doesn't quite fit. I doubt I would have come up with croquet either way.
2. Northern :), D01. This wasn't much more than a guess. It seemed like a fairly obvious one, except that so did "Southern," which I also almost put. So, now I'm thinking this actually wasn't that easy, that I got lucky, and that I gave too low of a D.
3. Domain :), D31. Gimme.
4. Hybrid :(, D23. I doubted this was right. I would never have come up with recombinant and have never heard or rDNA.
5. Venezuela :), D22. One of the countries I've lived and breathed recently, so super gimme even if I didn't understand the Spanish.
6. Limerick :), D10. Once it came to me, this was clearly the only choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment