Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Jesse Day 5

6/6. First of the season

1. Of the eight planets of the solar system, name all of the planets that are typically classified as "ice giants."
Correct Answer: URANUS, NEPTUNE
Your Answer: Neptune, Uranus
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I knew Neptune and Uranus were Ice Giants. Saturn and Jupiter are gas giants, substantially larger than Neptune and Uranus. 

2. Billy Wilder had it in the Afternoon, Andrzej Wajda had it in Germany, François Truffaut had it on the Run, and Franco Zeffirelli's was Endless. What is "it"?
Correct Answer: LOVE
Your Answer: Love
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I have never seen any of these films even though I was a film major, but I think I heard of them and love just seemed to fit with all the titles. 

3. The title of a comic strip by Arthur R. "Pop" Momand, which debuted in the New York Globe in 1913, is the source for what idiomatic phrase, roughly defined as maintaining one's social level in relation to proximate lifestyles? Momand's inspiration for the strip was his own rivalry with his neighbors.
Correct Answer: KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES
Your Answer: Keeping up with the Joneses
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

Seems like a gimmie

4. The Yalu River, also known locally as the Amnok, provides a border between what two sovereign states?
Correct Answer: CHINA, NORTH KOREA
Your Answer: China and North Korea
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I have heard about it from korean world war history and a podcast episode on smuggling between the two countries. 

5. Name the man who ascended to the presidency of Egypt following the assassination of Anwar Sadat in 1981, and served in that position until his resignation during the Egyptian revolution of 2011.
Correct Answer: HOSNI MUBARAK
Your Answer: Hosni Mubarek
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

Gimmiesh.

6. While most of his famous and enduring characters have occupations relating to seafaring, Herman Melville's Bartleby held what other specific, titular profession?
Correct Answer: SCRIVENER
Your Answer: Scrivener
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3  

The only reason I know this is I just started a DnD campaign and named my charecter Gregg Bartelsby, after current world champion disc golfer Gregg Barsby.  I had looked up Bartleby in Google to see if I could use that character as part of Gregg's backstory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment