3/6. Didn't hit on any guesses, though I considered and didn't put the correct answer in two cases. But I didn't miss anything I should have gotten.
1. Somalia :), D11. Gimme.
2. BBC :), D32. I wouldn't have been able to come up with the name if asked about brothers who work at the BBC if it the question had been written that way, but I've been watching so much UK news over the past few months, that I was able to recognize it right away. I think this is likely very hard for Americans, and I'm curious to see what the get rate is. I would not have gotten this even six months ago before Brexit heated up.
3. Wonder :(, D02. The only two people who came to mind were Stevie Wonder and Smoky Robinson. I just guessed one of them, figuring both were likely wrong. Too bad, though I can't really complain.
4. Turkish Delight :(, D20. Now that I see the answer, I realized I have heard of Baked Alaska. But I was never going to come up with it.
5. Mikimoto :(, D23. I thought about Prada, but I really had no idea.
6. Potemkin :), D11. I didn't know any of the history other than the mutiny and the 1905 year, but I knew the answer right away. I spent a while trying to decide whether the spelling was "Potemkin" or "Potempkin," though I suspect it would have been marked right either way.
1. Somalia :), D11. Gimme.
2. BBC :), D32. I wouldn't have been able to come up with the name if asked about brothers who work at the BBC if it the question had been written that way, but I've been watching so much UK news over the past few months, that I was able to recognize it right away. I think this is likely very hard for Americans, and I'm curious to see what the get rate is. I would not have gotten this even six months ago before Brexit heated up.
3. Wonder :(, D02. The only two people who came to mind were Stevie Wonder and Smoky Robinson. I just guessed one of them, figuring both were likely wrong. Too bad, though I can't really complain.
4. Turkish Delight :(, D20. Now that I see the answer, I realized I have heard of Baked Alaska. But I was never going to come up with it.
5. Mikimoto :(, D23. I thought about Prada, but I really had no idea.
6. Potemkin :), D11. I didn't know any of the history other than the mutiny and the 1905 year, but I knew the answer right away. I spent a while trying to decide whether the spelling was "Potemkin" or "Potempkin," though I suspect it would have been marked right either way.
No comments:
Post a Comment