Thursday, February 21, 2019

Brian I Day 2 vs Steiny (LL) and Andy

Very happy with 4/6, as I only had 1 for sure at first glance.  Identical defenses for the two.

1) Baguette.   Came back to me after I relived my ring shopping experience.  I assume anyone with a wife would get this; doubly so if your in-laws are jewelrers.  0/0

2) Whig.  Educated guess.  This was pre-Lincoln, I figured it had to be one of the extinct old-time parties. ​I learned yesterday that Adams was the only Federalist party president, leaving Whig as my only guess. 1/1

3) economists.  no idea 2/2

4) Atari.  Took me much longer than it should have. I went through every 1970s electronics product  could think of, and almost went with Pong before I thought of Atari, and remembered that Go is where it got its name.  2/2

5) ink.  Gimme.  I like consuming cephalopods for lunch, with shrimp and mussels, at the local cuban place.  Didn't we just have a question on sepia ink coming from cuttlefish?  I gave 1/1 based on that. 

6) Roxanne Roxanne.  Potentially could have backed into this via Wilkins and Sampson, but all I know about Kurtis Blow is that the Virginia AG is a big fan.  While I love 80s music, rap is a big blind spot. Hoping some zeros got wasted on me here.  3/3

No comments:

Post a Comment