3/6
Damn. My father had a Rossignol racket and I don't ski. First, I should have put tennis racket if I was going to give the wrong answer. Second I should have put skis if I was going to give the right answer. Hopefully she marks this as a 0 as it seems like a gimmie I just had a mindfart on.
5. Two months before the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in the Roe v. Wade case in January 1973, what sitcom's title character famously and controversially made TV history by undergoing an abortion (legal at the time in the state of New York) to terminate an unplanned pregnancy at age 47?
Correct Answer: MAUDE
Your Answer: Mary Tyler Moore
Points Assigned: 3
------------------------
1. Operation Car Wash is the name given to a wide-ranging corruption and money-laundering investigation that has ensnared business and political leaders, including the president (since impeached), of what country?
Correct Answer: BRAZIL
Your Answer: Brazil
Points Assigned: 2
1. Operation Car Wash is the name given to a wide-ranging corruption and money-laundering investigation that has ensnared business and political leaders, including the president (since impeached), of what country?
Correct Answer: BRAZIL
Your Answer: Brazil
Points Assigned: 2
This was a guess, but I knew the female president of Brazil had just been impeached a few months ago.
2. What food, common as grits or as the main ingredient in posole, is dried or hulled and alkaline-treated maize kernels? Its name is derived from Algonquian, as it was one of the first foods accepted by English settlers from native North Americans.
Correct Answer: HOMINY
Your Answer: Corn Starch
Points Assigned: 1
2. What food, common as grits or as the main ingredient in posole, is dried or hulled and alkaline-treated maize kernels? Its name is derived from Algonquian, as it was one of the first foods accepted by English settlers from native North Americans.
Correct Answer: HOMINY
Your Answer: Corn Starch
Points Assigned: 1
So that is what Hominy is. My opponent is crazy good in food.
3. One of the three base types in cloud nomenclature is stratus; what are both of the other two? The three, alone or in combination with themselves and/or nimbus ("raincloud") or altus, make up the ten basic types of cloud classification (e.g., nimbostratus).
Correct Answer: CIRRUS, CUMULUS
Your Answer: Cummulus and Sirrus
Points Assigned: 1
3. One of the three base types in cloud nomenclature is stratus; what are both of the other two? The three, alone or in combination with themselves and/or nimbus ("raincloud") or altus, make up the ten basic types of cloud classification (e.g., nimbostratus).
Correct Answer: CIRRUS, CUMULUS
Your Answer: Cummulus and Sirrus
Points Assigned: 1
My spelling isn't great, but I should get htis one.
4. Rossignol, Salomon, Elan, Dynastar and Fischer are all brands most prominently of what type of sporting equipment?
Correct Answer: SKIS
Your Answer: Tennis
Points Assigned: 0
4. Rossignol, Salomon, Elan, Dynastar and Fischer are all brands most prominently of what type of sporting equipment?
Correct Answer: SKIS
Your Answer: Tennis
Points Assigned: 0
Damn. My father had a Rossignol racket and I don't ski. First, I should have put tennis racket if I was going to give the wrong answer. Second I should have put skis if I was going to give the right answer. Hopefully she marks this as a 0 as it seems like a gimmie I just had a mindfart on.
5. Two months before the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in the Roe v. Wade case in January 1973, what sitcom's title character famously and controversially made TV history by undergoing an abortion (legal at the time in the state of New York) to terminate an unplanned pregnancy at age 47?
Correct Answer: MAUDE
Your Answer: Mary Tyler Moore
Points Assigned: 3
Nope.
6. Though the term itself dates back centuries and is derived from Hebrew, its modern meaning—a group of people united in ideology or intrigue— is believed to come from (or at least be popularized by) five leading advisers to England's Charles II between 1667 and 1673, whose initials spell out the word. What is that word?
Correct Answer: CABAL
Your Answer: Cabal
Points Assigned: 2
6. Though the term itself dates back centuries and is derived from Hebrew, its modern meaning—a group of people united in ideology or intrigue— is believed to come from (or at least be popularized by) five leading advisers to England's Charles II between 1667 and 1673, whose initials spell out the word. What is that word?
Correct Answer: CABAL
Your Answer: Cabal
Points Assigned: 2
It came to me pretty quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment