5/6, I think
Correct Answer: ELVIS PRESLEY
Your Answer: Elvis
Points Assigned: 3
My first thought was I had no clue and was going to put down John Coltrane. Then I remembered Elvis was drafted and that seemed to be a logical answer.
2. The "League for the Independence of Vietnam" was a political and military organization formed in 1941 to liberate Vietnam from the Japanese and then gain independence from France (and then oppose South Vietnam and the U.S. in the Vietnam War). By what two-word name—an abbreviation of the organization's full official name and reminiscent of the name of its long-time leader— was this coalition of nationalists and communists widely known?
Correct Answer: VIET MINH
Your Answer: Viet Minh
Points Assigned: 2
2. The "League for the Independence of Vietnam" was a political and military organization formed in 1941 to liberate Vietnam from the Japanese and then gain independence from France (and then oppose South Vietnam and the U.S. in the Vietnam War). By what two-word name—an abbreviation of the organization's full official name and reminiscent of the name of its long-time leader— was this coalition of nationalists and communists widely known?
Correct Answer: VIET MINH
Your Answer: Viet Minh
Points Assigned: 2
I too would have put Viet Cong, but the clue indicated that part of Ho Chi Minh's name was in there and Viet Minh was familiar.
3. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian, and Zildjian are considered the "big four" manufacturers of what?
Correct Answer: CYMBALS
Your Answer: Cymbals
Points Assigned: 1
3. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian, and Zildjian are considered the "big four" manufacturers of what?
Correct Answer: CYMBALS
Your Answer: Cymbals
Points Assigned: 1
I have a very good freind who plays the drums. I do think I would have known Zildjian either way.
4. Maser—a high-frequency amplifier in which a signal is used to stimulate atoms into emitting energy at the same frequency—is, like laser, an acronym. What does the "m" in maser stand for?
Correct Answer: MICROWAVE
Your Answer: Magnetic
Points Assigned: 2
4. Maser—a high-frequency amplifier in which a signal is used to stimulate atoms into emitting energy at the same frequency—is, like laser, an acronym. What does the "m" in maser stand for?
Correct Answer: MICROWAVE
Your Answer: Magnetic
Points Assigned: 2
Nope. Put I should have thought about this more as microwave seems obvious in retrospect.
5. With an area of ~3,500 square miles and 3.7 million residents (at the 2010 census), what is by far (by both measures) the largest U.S. territory?
Correct Answer: PUERTO RICO
Your Answer: Puerto Rico
Points Assigned: 0
5. With an area of ~3,500 square miles and 3.7 million residents (at the 2010 census), what is by far (by both measures) the largest U.S. territory?
Correct Answer: PUERTO RICO
Your Answer: Puerto Rico
Points Assigned: 0
I've been there, seemed logical.
6. Legend says that the name for a particular variant of the game of poker, where players receive a mix of face-up and face-down cards, comes from the item one player offered as a bet when the game was created during the mid-1800s. What is the name for that poker variant?
Correct Answer: STUD
Your Answer: 7 card stud
Points Assigned: 1
6. Legend says that the name for a particular variant of the game of poker, where players receive a mix of face-up and face-down cards, comes from the item one player offered as a bet when the game was created during the mid-1800s. What is the name for that poker variant?
Correct Answer: STUD
Your Answer: 7 card stud
Points Assigned: 1
I hope he takes 7 card stud.
No comments:
Post a Comment