2/6
1. A regulatory commission was established in Europe in 1948, currently headquartered in Budapest, Hungary, and including only fellow riparian nations, for the common purpose of improving, maintaining, and safeguarding free navigation of what?
Correct Answer: DANUBE RIVER
Your Answer: Danube River
Points Assigned: 0
Correct Answer: DANUBE RIVER
Your Answer: Danube River
Points Assigned: 0
My first thought was rivers and then I thought pretty much all European countires would have rivers so it had to be the Danube. (I lived in Budapest so knew it went between Buda and Pest.)
2. 1944's Hoosick Falls in Winter is among the works painted during the 23-year career of what American artist, who died in December 1961 at age 101?
Correct Answer: GRANDMA MOSES
Your Answer: Francis
Points Assigned: 2
2. 1944's Hoosick Falls in Winter is among the works painted during the 23-year career of what American artist, who died in December 1961 at age 101?
Correct Answer: GRANDMA MOSES
Your Answer: Francis
Points Assigned: 2
Nope! Just through out a random last name.
3. The first parliamentary democracy was officially created in Germany with the signing into law of the Constitution of the German Reich by SDP member and provisional president of the German Reichstag (and chancellor-to-be) Friedrich Ebert. This signing took place in 1919 in what city?
Correct Answer: WEIMAR
Your Answer: Berlin
Points Assigned: 1
3. The first parliamentary democracy was officially created in Germany with the signing into law of the Constitution of the German Reich by SDP member and provisional president of the German Reichstag (and chancellor-to-be) Friedrich Ebert. This signing took place in 1919 in what city?
Correct Answer: WEIMAR
Your Answer: Berlin
Points Assigned: 1
Ah. Well that makes sense. Was not going to get there.
4. What Hindi word, adopted into English and very common on menus of Indian restaurants, has much the same meaning as kebab, referring to small chunks of grilled meat (usually)?
Correct Answer: TIKKA
Your Answer: Tikka
Points Assigned: 2
4. What Hindi word, adopted into English and very common on menus of Indian restaurants, has much the same meaning as kebab, referring to small chunks of grilled meat (usually)?
Correct Answer: TIKKA
Your Answer: Tikka
Points Assigned: 2
I was flummoxed, but Tikka was my best guess and it turned out to be right.
5. Rewrite the following sentence, changing the verb to past perfect progressive: I think.
Correct Answer: I HAD BEEN THINKING
Your Answer: I had thought
Points Assigned: 1
5. Rewrite the following sentence, changing the verb to past perfect progressive: I think.
Correct Answer: I HAD BEEN THINKING
Your Answer: I had thought
Points Assigned: 1
I didn't remember what past perfect progressive was and I am not sure I was ever taught this.
6. Wandsworth, Brixton, Wakefield, Wormwood Scrubs, Albany, Long Lartin, and Parkhurst are all British examples of what?
Correct Answer: PRISONS
Your Answer: Suburbs of London
Points Assigned: 3
6. Wandsworth, Brixton, Wakefield, Wormwood Scrubs, Albany, Long Lartin, and Parkhurst are all British examples of what?
Correct Answer: PRISONS
Your Answer: Suburbs of London
Points Assigned: 3
Nope. Clearly I don't watch enough British TV.
No comments:
Post a Comment