4/6
1. A legendary military tactician of the 2nd and 3rd centuries BCE, a charming but terrifying psychiatrist introduced in a 1981 novel, and the first vice-president of the United States from the present-day Republican Party all shared what first name?
Correct Answer: HANNIBAL
Your Answer: Hannibal
Points Assigned: 0
Correct Answer: HANNIBAL
Your Answer: Hannibal
Points Assigned: 0
I think this will play easy. 1st clue triggered the answer, 2nd clue confirmed, 3rd clue range a bell.
2. What is the name of the airline that serves as Spain's flag carrier (but, notably, and perhaps counterintuitively, not Portugal's, which is TAP)?
Correct Answer: IBERIA
Your Answer: Iberia
Points Assigned: 1
2. What is the name of the airline that serves as Spain's flag carrier (but, notably, and perhaps counterintuitively, not Portugal's, which is TAP)?
Correct Answer: IBERIA
Your Answer: Iberia
Points Assigned: 1
I work in the travel industry, but I think the Portugal clue gave it away.
3. Trieste-born American Leo Castelli spent most of his life in what profession, of which he was perhaps the most influential figure of the 20th century?
Correct Answer: ART DEALER
Your Answer: Dentistry
Points Assigned: 3
3. Trieste-born American Leo Castelli spent most of his life in what profession, of which he was perhaps the most influential figure of the 20th century?
Correct Answer: ART DEALER
Your Answer: Dentistry
Points Assigned: 3
I had no idea.
4. In blues legend John Lee Hooker's classic song and tale of woe from 1966—first recorded by Amos Milburn and later by George Thorogood and the Destroyers—he finds solace in one each of a trio of drinks. What are those three drinks, in order?
Correct Answer: BOURBON, SCOTCH, BEER
Your Answer: Bourbon, Scotch, Beer
Points Assigned: 2
4. In blues legend John Lee Hooker's classic song and tale of woe from 1966—first recorded by Amos Milburn and later by George Thorogood and the Destroyers—he finds solace in one each of a trio of drinks. What are those three drinks, in order?
Correct Answer: BOURBON, SCOTCH, BEER
Your Answer: Bourbon, Scotch, Beer
Points Assigned: 2
I have a John Lee Hooker's greatest hits album that I have listed too many times.
5. Paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren are the inspiration for what film series, whose namesake debut introduced the duo in 2013 and whose latest installment, released in 2021, is subtitled The Devil Made Me Do It?
Correct Answer: THE CONJURING
Your Answer: Cats
Points Assigned: 2
5. Paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren are the inspiration for what film series, whose namesake debut introduced the duo in 2013 and whose latest installment, released in 2021, is subtitled The Devil Made Me Do It?
Correct Answer: THE CONJURING
Your Answer: Cats
Points Assigned: 2
I had no idea. I am not into horror.
6. A #1 New York Times best-selling 2018 novel by American author Madeline Miller is a nuanced retelling of the story of what Greek sorceress, who transformed most of Odysseus's crew into swine in Homer's Odyssey and then hosted them for a year on her island of Aeaea?
Correct Answer: CIRCE
Your Answer: Circe
Points Assigned: 1
6. A #1 New York Times best-selling 2018 novel by American author Madeline Miller is a nuanced retelling of the story of what Greek sorceress, who transformed most of Odysseus's crew into swine in Homer's Odyssey and then hosted them for a year on her island of Aeaea?
Correct Answer: CIRCE
Your Answer: Circe
Points Assigned: 1
I read this! My memory for books is terrible, but at least I could remember the title. Madeline Miller lives in the town over from me and lives across the street from my best friend's girlfriend.
No comments:
Post a Comment