3/6
1. Who starred unsmilingly in the comedies The Navigator (1924), The General (1926), and The Cameraman (1928)?
Correct Answer: BUSTER KEATON
Your Answer: Buster Keaton
Points Assigned: 1
I have seen the General.
2. What is the name of the most famous baby pygmy hippopotamus probably ever, most certainly at Thailand's Khao Kheow Open Zoo?
Correct Answer: MOO DENG
Your Answer: Hip-hop-opotamus
Points Assigned: 0
2. What is the name of the most famous baby pygmy hippopotamus probably ever, most certainly at Thailand's Khao Kheow Open Zoo?
Correct Answer: MOO DENG
Your Answer: Hip-hop-opotamus
Points Assigned: 0
Nope. I had no idea.
3. What is the most significant present-day namesake of Henrietta Maria, the youngest daughter of Henry IV of France and Marie de' Medici, born at the Louvre Palace in 1609?
Correct Answer: MARYLAND
Your Answer: King Charles
Points Assigned: 2
3. What is the most significant present-day namesake of Henrietta Maria, the youngest daughter of Henry IV of France and Marie de' Medici, born at the Louvre Palace in 1609?
Correct Answer: MARYLAND
Your Answer: King Charles
Points Assigned: 2
Oh, that makes sense. I could not make heads or tales of this one.
4. Give the name of the Greek letter (note, not the character itself) whose lowercase form is commonly used to represent the standard deviation of a data set or distribution.
Correct Answer: SIGMA
Your Answer: Sigma
Points Assigned: 2
4. Give the name of the Greek letter (note, not the character itself) whose lowercase form is commonly used to represent the standard deviation of a data set or distribution.
Correct Answer: SIGMA
Your Answer: Sigma
Points Assigned: 2
I got a math question!
5. Identify the professional football (soccer) club, historically one of the most successful in Europe, that was founded by a group of students in Turin in 1897.
Correct Answer: JUVENTUS FC
Your Answer: Juventis
Points Assigned: 3
5. Identify the professional football (soccer) club, historically one of the most successful in Europe, that was founded by a group of students in Turin in 1897.
Correct Answer: JUVENTUS FC
Your Answer: Juventis
Points Assigned: 3
I think I get credit for this. I don't follow soccer, but the only famous Italian club I could think of without a city name in the name itself.
6. The cover art for what 1973 Elton John album features the musician stepping into a poster on a wall, ostensibly on a pathway toward the Emerald City of Oz?
Correct Answer: GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD
Your Answer: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
Points Assigned: 1
6. The cover art for what 1973 Elton John album features the musician stepping into a poster on a wall, ostensibly on a pathway toward the Emerald City of Oz?
Correct Answer: GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD
Your Answer: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
Points Assigned: 1
Close! Wrong lyric.
No comments:
Post a Comment